Double Chance Betting Strategy To Earn More
Article last updated on 12th of November 2019Soccer betting is an industry that offers an opportunity to both football fans and non-fans to enjoy good returns by providing them with the opportunity to earn a good amount of money through different betting markets.
No matter what your preference may be, there's something for everyone.
There are many for you to choose from, with the most popular ones being 1X2, handicap, both teams to score and the over/under market, but here, we will take a look at the double chance betting market.
Double chance betting strategy is great for beginners as well as professional bettors, as it is often associated with low risk and high rewards.
Double chance betting in a nutshellThis type of bet is straightforward and fairly easy to as the sports bookie has already offered you double chances of winning.
When it comes to a soccer match, there are three possible outcomes - a win, a draw or a loss. With the 1X2 or the European handicap betting market, you're allowed to place a bet on one of these three outcomes.
In the case of double chance betting, you get to club two possible outcomes together for a bet. This means you have a higher chance of winning.
Your options will look something like this:
- 1X or Home/draw win - If the home team wins, or the match ends in a draw, you'll win the bet.
- 2X or Away /draw win - If the away team wins, or if the match ends in a draw, you'll win the bet.
- 12 or Home /away win - If the match doesn't end in a draw, you win the bet.
Types of double chance bettingThere are two main types of double chance betting, these are:
- Low-Risk Profiteering
- Underdog Hunting
If you can spot an underdog, but you are still not sure how reliable their opponent could be, these are the type of bets you should consider.
Low-Risk ProfiteeringAs we have mentioned above, double chance betting is a low-risk type of betting. You can bet on the favorite/draw option, or you can choose to bet on the home/away options.
As long as the better team doesn't lose, you're all good. It's a safe betting market.
However, it needs a lot of patience to see good money given that the odds offered for the same are extremely low. Yet, if properly executed, it has the potential to earn punter profits on a regular basis.
Underdog HuntingGiven the volatile nature of soccer, a punter cannot afford to ignore an underdog as soccer has a way of surprising us. How many times have you watched the result of a particular game and you tell yourself, “Yes, I was right, I thought so.“
For example, you may find a reliable team being beaten by a team that seemed weak due to various reasons. One of such is the home ground advantage.
Remember, a strong team may be visiting a seemingly weaker team, and they have to travel thousands of miles for that particular game. Things like jet lag, change of weather and unfamiliar grounds may work against the stronger team, and the underdog will take the win.
They usually have much higher odds, so if you feel like the underdog has the potential to win, or at least score an equalizer, your payout can be huge.
Now that you're more familiar with this type of wager, you'll probably what to know how to win each time you bet.
You could use SportsPrediction to find some of the best soccer betting strategies.
Without further ado, here are some of the best double chance betting tips for you to incorporate into your routine.
Double chance betting strategies
- Luck favors the home team (If you're dealing with two evenly matched team, you'll want to side with the 1X option. I'll admit that maybe this has less to do with luck, and more to do with familiarity and practice though. This may not be the case if the home team is the underdog, but clubs do have a history of coming out on top when you least expect it.)
- Choose matches that are harder to predict (Most double chance bets have low odds, which means that you will receive a low payout. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, any profit is a profit. But, if you want to earn some big bucks, try to bet on matches that are harder to predict. These have higher odds, so if you win, you'll make a larger profit. Following a good football betting blog can definitely help.)
- Hedge your bets (Double chance provides a great opportunity to hedge your bets. Hedging involves placing bets in multiple outcomes, in order to guarantee a profit. Alternatively, you can even look into arbitrage betting, in order to increase reduce the risk involved, and increase your profits.)